There are several groups listed below that could really use your support. If you live near one of the four Agency Veterinary Clinics, you can help your community by becoming part of the Navajo Nation Puppy Adoption Program. If you have school age children, find out whether the RUFF curriculum is available in your school.
Find out about the Navajo Nation Puppy Adoption Program
If you are a visitor to the Navajo Reservation, you too can help. Many people visiting Navajoland have written to the tribal paper about the condition of abandoned animals they have seen by the roadside. Consider going a step further to actually help communities to better the lives of people and animals. Won't you join us?
It will take many people working to make a difference.
There are many ways of giving. Following are suggestions and requests from specific groups. If you want to get involved in some other way, use the contact list to communicate directly with the group of your choice.
Navajo Nation Veterinary & Livestock Program:
- Donations needed for media fund, to pay for radio advertisements of mobile spay/neuter clinics
- Blankets for vet techs in training, as well as for animals
- Animal Bowls
- Puppy nursing milk
- Kitten nursing milk
- Dog food
Medical Wish List:
- New anesthesia machine
- Anesthesia vaporizer
- X-ray machine
- 02 monitor
- Cautery unit
- Dentistry unit
- Surgery lights
- Window Rock needs new tile for clinic floor
- Chinle needs security lights, to prevent vadalism
- Shiprock needs carpentry work
- Tuba City needs an outside light post
Tuba City Humane:
- Tuba City's biggest need is for adoption to good homes for the animals they rescue. They could also use more local foster families.
Plateauland Mobile Veterinary Clinic:
Spay Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP):
- Sponsor a spay or neuter surgery each month, or one time only.
- If you live in Texas, get an "Animal Friendly" license plate.
- Donate a car to SNAP.
- Purchase personalized SNAP checks from Message!Products
- SNAP can also use volunteers
- Go directly to SNAP's Donation Page.
Blackhat Humane Society:
- Dog food
- Dog houses and dog crates
- Vet supplies and medications
Can't make a donation at this time, but would like to stay in touch? Join the network of concerned individuals and receive updates and progress reports. Send an email to the webmaster, Rose Z. Moonwater, and let me know how you would like to help.
Your name and email address will not be shared with any other groups, or used for any purpose other than to network and send you periodic updates on the situation of companion animals on the Navajo Reservation, and progress that is being made in fighting the overpopulation crisis.